Susan at Love, Life and Labradors posted this meme this week and I thought it was one of the better ones I have seen. That, combined with my recent laziness, means that you get to read ridiculous nonsense about me! Yay for you!
1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now? Bath and Body Works Island Sea Cotton and Lever 2000. For my 2000 parts. (Remember those commercials?)
2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? No.
3. What would you change about your living room? I would like a new rug.
4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean. Yes, I know I should just empty it but it's my life's mission to make Amy do that each and every night after dinner. And since I only get to take advantage of that for 40+/- days I am going to milk it for all it's worth.
5. What is in your fridge? Plain low fat yogurt, 2% milk, black and red plums, pudding cups, hot dogs, cherries, limp celery and cheese. And leftover chicken pot pie.
6. White or wheat bread? Both!
7. What is on top of your refrigerator? A bag of potato chips, 1/2 a bag of tortilla chips, a Costco-sized box of hot chocolate and a 5 lb. bag of sugar. I hate that I have so little cupboard space in my house that things have to be on top of my fridge.
8. What color or design is on your shower curtain? Yellow, blue red and white stripes.
9. How many plants are in your home? Only one. The rooms where I have light I don't have flat surfaces for placing plants on.
10. Is your bed made right now? My "made" do you mean dogs laying all over it? Then no.
11. Comet or Soft Scrub? Comet.
12. Is your closet organized? Which closet? My bedroom closet is not a pit but I wouldn't call it organized either.
13. Can you describe your flashlight? Large, blue and metal.
14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Plastic for cold drinks, glass for coffee.
15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? No.
16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered? The edges are a little cluttered but I can fit my car in there.
17. Curtains or blinds? Most of my rooms have warm window roman shades. Except my living room which has blinds for the time being.
18. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two, one for my head and one for my knees.
19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No it has to be absolutely dark.
20. How often do you vacuum? Only about once a week. I only have one area rug. Now if you ask how often I sweep it's more like every other day.
21. Standard toothbrush or electric? Standard.
22. What color is your toothbrush? White with an orange stripe down the back.
23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? No.
24. What is in your oven right now? A piece of foil that contained the overspill from making chicken pot pie. I actually remembered to put it down first so baking my dinner didn't make my smoke alarm go off!
25. Is there anything under your bed? Two plastic containers for Tim's out of season clothes.
26. Chore you hate doing the most? Scrubbing the shower.
27. What retro items are in your home? My house itself is retro! Built in 1961 it is the epitome of the 60's ranch houses. And I have a 1956 Singer sewing machine.
28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? Yes, the front bedroom.
29. How many mirrors are in your home? Six.
30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home? No, just a change jar.
31. What color are your walls? Every room is different! Green, tan, red, blue, yellow and brown.
32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home? No, unless you count my freaky black lab. She'll cut you.
33. What does your home smell like right now? Coffee.
34. Favorite candle scent? Aunt Kooks Apple Cider. Cannot. Get. Enough.
35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? None. But I would LOVE it if I had some spicy bread and butter pickles.
36. What color is your favorite Bible? Brown.
37. Ever been on your roof? No.
38. Do you own a stereo? Yes.
39. How many TVs do you have? Two.
40. How many house phones? Three.
41. Do you have a housekeeper? No. But I think about it every week!
42. What style do you decorate in? Casual with a touch of country.
43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints? Both. My current living room furniture has a print for the body and solid cushions. I love it!
44. Is there a smoke detector in your home? Three of them actually.
45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you'd grab if you only could make one quick trip? My dogs, photo albums and computer. That is assuming the rest of the family is helping with this quest.