Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Need a Maid

OK guys, I am trying to get organized here. I always feel so much better and calmer when my house is organized. And I love the way things look when they are tidied up. The problem is that I don't like to spend all my time cleaning. And face it - - it is NEVER ENDING! Gah! I wish we could just all go naked one day so that I could say that every. stitch. of. laundry. was. clean. And I wish that my family (including myself) did not feel the need to sully every flat surface in the house with junk. And I wish that my 17 year old did not use my dining room as the receptacle of her coat(s). And shoes. And flute. And backpack. If I could train her father to hang his jacket up in the closet instead of on the back of the chair, it would be a miracle. But it's so FAR to walk to the closet! It's a whole six feet away from the chair! Did I mention that he actually needs to PASS the closet on his way to the dining room chair? Deep breaths. . .

I have been trying to follow the Motivated Moms chore system. For only $8 you get a download of daily chores with nice little checkboxes (love those!) to check when you have completed an item. It's a good system because eventually you will get to some of the tasks that never seem to get done. Like vacuuming your curtains or furniture and cleaning off the top of your refrigerator.

I struggle with some of the daily chores though. "Make the bed" is tough because there is usually either a sleeping human or two sleeping dogs (or both!) there when I leave in the morning. And I just don't really think about it again until it's time to go to bed. And when I try to "read to children" she rolls her eyes at me at tells me that I have issues. When "clip children's nails" comes up on the list, she tells me, "That's gross!"

Oh well, at least my trash cans will get washed out at least every six months or so and my stress levels should start to go down a bit as things get neater. Speaking of which, I better get off the computer and start tackling some of those flat surfaces!

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I am a list QUEEN! Not that it helps me much. I now need an organizer for all of my lists! :)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

I need a maid too...things are just never clean and organized in my house at the same time. One room might be clean, but then I turn my back and another one is a mess! Wouldn't it be nice to just have someone come and clean the whole place at the same time? :)
Carrie

Controlling My Chaos said...

I am struggling with this very thing right now. I used to love to clean, but since I had kids, I really don't see the point.

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hi there~ Thanks for stopping by for a visit! That Nester sure knows how to feature somebody, huh? I have never had so many hits!

I love your blog layout! So pretty and my all time favorite colors. Green, red, black... Come back and visit again soon. I have also added a few more things to Etsy since this morning. Really having a hard time with some older pictures, though. Have a great weekend.
~Misti
~

kari and kijsa said...

Love the lists!! We are struggling with this very thing!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Kathi N said...

I'm kinda like Amy that way, only with housecleaning. Once it's done, it should STAY done, without effort. That's why I (like your daughter!) just fling things where they land: 'cause it doesn't really make much difference in the long run. Then again, when I croak and you're going thru all my stuff you'll curse that theory.