Saturday, November 29, 2008

Craftiness

I have been in the mood for sewing and crafts lately! My car is automatically trying to go to Joann's every time I get in it. Seriously, I have been there three times since last Wednesday!


Here is some of what I've been making:


This started out to be a tote bag for my niece for Christmas. The problem is, I made it for the wrong niece! I thought we had drawn Madison's name when really we drew Shannon's. So now it's back to the drawing board for a gift for Shannon and A just got herself a new tote bag!



This was supposed to be a birthday present for my sister. She is crazy for watermelon prints! It is a notepad and pen cover. This is a picture of the outside. See that dark area right in the middle of the right hand side? It really is the fabric. It was supposed to look like watermelon rind but in the position it's in it looks like a grease spot!



And here is what it looks like opened up:



It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, what with the grease-looking spot and the turned down corners. She will still be getting it, but not for her birthday.

Tomorrow, I plan to do a lot of our Christmas baking so I'll post some pictures of the goodies later!











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great tote! ~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic