Saturday, September 20, 2008

Perfect Saturday Plans

I love, love, love when I get a Saturday to just kinda do what I want. Today is one of those days! I must be excited because when else do I get up at 5:30 on a Saturday morning. Um, never, that's when.

T is off riding his mountain bike over mountains, down in valleys, and back up the mountain again. Hopefully there will be much riding and not much crashing. See, he rides with other medical professionals. You would think that would be a good thing, wouldn't you? Um, not really. When any of them crash, sure, someone will come back and check to make sure they are not dead. But anything less than death will get you a big ol' "That's gonna leave a mark! Let's ride!". It really warms your heart, right?

A is at band rehearsal all day. Again. The season hasn't even really began (first competition is this Tuesday) and she is already done. It will get better once the performances start, but rehearsals are getting to be pretty boring by this point. Today they are doing a demonstration for the parents but I can't go since I will be waiting for the cable man. Or woman, I guess. At any rate, I will see their performance for the first time on Tuesday evening. In a way, I'm glad. It will keep it a surprise for that much longer. And it's not like I don't get to see it 8 more times before the season ends.

So today I am on my own. I plan to go shopping for some new jeans, some new tops, maybe a new necklace. I want to get a dress, but first I need to find some shoes that a) don't look stupid with dresses and b) still feel comfortable.

I'd like to do some sewing, clean up my scrapbook table and start designing my Christmas cards for this year. I also want to make some of this delicious looking fall mix http://comeandpeek.blogspot.com/search/label/Candy from bSunday Baker to share at marching competition this week.

All this time I will be waiting for aforementioned cable person. Yes, today I am getting more than the ghetto cable that I currently have. The Colbert Report shall be mine! And HGTV! And Animal Planet!

Oh wait. Once the cable person leaves, all the rest of my plans may be down the drain. Shoot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The snack mix looks good! I'll have to try it!