Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday At Home

Ahchoo! Yep, I have been sick for the last few days. This cold went totally backwards too. It started with a cough and turned into a sneezing, watery eyed mess. Ugh, I am so ready for it to be done. The only redeeming thing about a cold is that there is ample time to just sit back and read because everything else wipes you out. So that's what I did!

I have been reading The Faraday Girls for the last few weeks (it's a long book!) and finally finished it up last night. I really, really enjoyed it. There were five sisters in the book and there are five girls in my family too (with two brothers added in as well). I have been thinking about which sister in the book I most identified with and find that it's a mix of Juliet and Miranda. Which, if you read the book, is a really strange mix! Juliet is very domestic and a good cook and Miranda, well, she's pretty bossy and can be a real bitch. I am usually nice but I do have biting wit sometimes.

Another book is waiting for me to pick up from the library so I may run down and grab it today. I am also planning to get some sewing done. I have so many projects that are stacked so neatly and ready for me to cut into them! I am making re-usable shopping bags, little zippered pouches and notebook covers. I would also like to play with some of my newest rubber stamps! There is also grocery shopping to be done but I will have to see how I'm feeling. I don't want to go out and spread this lovely virus to all of my town.

3 comments:

Kathi N said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Kathi N said...

Was that a li-berry book, or do you own it?

Kristi said...

You know me well! It was a li-berry book. You should totally check it out though.